DJI’s Phantom quadcopter is the gear of choice for next-generation filmmakers, extreme sports enthusiasts and R/C hobbyists. Despite all the advanced functions, it’s easy to learn, so if you’ve never before owned an outdoor helicopter, this is the place to start. With innovative features such as Intelligent Orientation Control, automatic navigation back to home and a sleek, integrated design, see for yourself why the Phantom is the rig used by pros and beginners alike.
Shown with GoProHERO3+ (not included) – Ready-to-fly Aerial Filming Rig with GoPro Mount
At the flip of a switch, you can change the Phantom from flying relative to its front and back to flying relative to a home point, allowing you to perform sweeping camera motions without losing track of how to make your Phantom go in the intended direction. This innovation is made possible by the Naza-M autopilot and needs to be turned on before using. Using the included USB cable and downloadable Naza Assistant software, you can enable IOC and other advanced functions.
The Phantom includes a GoPro mounting case from DJI and holes for the standard GoPro housing (shown at left with the GoPro Hero3+, not included). Tip: use the GoPro’s onboard video rotation (flip) setting to adjust for the upside down mounting position.
Simultaneously hold the LEFT joystick to the lower-RIGHT while holding the RIGHT joystick to the lower LEFT. Both joysticks should be pointing down and toward each other. The Phantom’s motors will then start and you can let the joysticks return to their center positions. Gently power up the motors for take-off and you’re flying! To stop the motors, hold the left joystick all the way to the bottom.
- Ready-to-Fly design means no complex tuning or “binding”–each Phantom is pre-configured at the factory
- Internal autopilot can return to home and land via GPS automatically
- Transmitter range over 980 feet (300m)
- Compatible with Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal for super stable videos (sold separately, requires upgrade board)
- Up to 15 mins. of flight time with included rechargeable battery
1. Charge the included main flight battery and add your own AA batteries to the transmitter. 2. Attach the propellers (wrench included), landing gear and GoPro mount using the screws provided. 3. Turn on the transmitter and calibrate the compass (if needed). 4. Install the Phantom’s battery. 5. Activate the Phantom using the special Start Sequence shown at left. NOTES and WARNINGS: The Phantom is made to soar and should only be used outdoors. For maximum safety, DJI recommends the use of prop guards, which are sold separately. Proper calibration of electronic compass may be required before first flight. Please follow all steps in the owner’s manual and watch introductory videos before attempting to fly. Wi-Fi signals from an on-board device (such as GoPro HERO3+ or other Wi-Fi camera) may interfere with the 2.4 GHz control frequencies and cause the Phantom to lose contact with its transmitter. Please ensure that the Phantom’s flying area is free from interference by electromagnetic signals in the 2.4 GHz range, and do not carry Wi-Fi equipment on-board the Phantom. Obey all local and national laws and airspace restrictions, do not operate the Phantom under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and avoid operating in areas of dense population. USB port on a compatible computer is required for some advanced functions; visit www.DJI.com to download the latest Naza-M assistant software.
Please see link below.
Comparing the Phantom (this page) with the Phantom 2 Vision, also from DJI
Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you’re flying.
Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom’s remote control.
Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
The Phantom’s high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).
Frequently Bought Together
This item: DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro$479.00